Animal Control Assistant 19 hrs.
|February 04, 2013 - February 19, 2013|
|Salary Range:||Starting at $13.34|
|Benefits:||Comprehensive Benefit Package Available.|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||SUMMARY OF POSITION:|
This position is responsible for caring for animals at the shelter (performing vaccinations & euthanasia), providing assistance to the veterinarian along with cleaning shelter/cages.
1. Maintains the well being of the animals and the cleanliness of the shelter, which includes feeding, cleaning, and medicating animals and cleaning and sanitizing the shelter.
2 Assists in determining the health and evaluating the needs of animals, and determining if an animal can be adopted.
3. Assists the Veterinarian in surgery by anesthetizing and prepping them, monitoring anesthesia and recovery, vaccinating animals, preparing animals for adoption, performing euthanasia, testing animals for disease along with other health concerns.
4. Completes various forms and logs regarding animals admitted to the shelter, complaints from citizens, incidents, receipting of money, and other daily activities of the shelter.
5. Provides direction to volunteers and community service workers regarding daily operations and tasks to be completed.
6. Assists in monitoring the care and behavior of animals and documents observations.
7. Shows animals that are available for adoption and completes appropriate paperwork for sale and transfer of ownership.
|Qualifications:||LICENSING or CERTIFICATIONS:|
Ability to become a CET-Certified Euthanasia Technician within six months.
High School Diploma, or G.E.D., and
one year of experience caring for animals (including performing vaccinations and euthanasia, assisting the veterinarian).
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.