Veterinarian Technician (part-time 15 hrs week)
|April 12, 2012 - April 26, 2012|
|Salary Range:||Starting $14.55|
|Benefits:||n/a at part-time|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||This class is responsible for assisting the veterinarian with surgery, vaccines and euthanasia as needed.|
1. Assists the veterinarian with surgeries including surgical prep, running the anesthesia machine, placing IV catheters, drawing blood, running lab tests, and other similar outcomes.
2. Vaccinates animals, drugs them as necessary or other similar outcomes.
3. Cleans, sterilizes and maintains all surgical instruments and equipment.
4. Assists in monitoring the care and behavior of animals and documents observations; shelter software updated as needed.
5. May answer questions, review discharge instructions and follow-up for clients.
6. Stocks and maintains medicines and surgical supplies.
7. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
|Qualifications:||LICENSING or CERTIFICATIONS: |
Veterinarian Technician Certificate through State of Michigan required.
Valid MI Driverís License and a good driving record if driving is required of job.
1. Associateís Degree and;
2. One to two years of experience caring for animals such as performing vaccinations, euthanasia, assisting with surgeries.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.